7056 Dual Adjustable Power Supply Module
- Dual outputs: 0 to 30V, 0.1mA to 3A
- Single output: 0 to 30V, 0.2mA to 6A
- Dual: 90W max / Single: 180W max
- High accuracy 4 digit meters
- Fixed resolution for consistency
- Tracking and Parallel modes
- Programmable version - 7056P
A high performance quad mode dual output DC power supply with true analog controls and digital functionality. The 7056 provides Two identical outputs as per the 7052, with Tracking and Parallel modes.
Comprehensive features include:
- Linear regulation: ultra-low output noise and fast transient recovery
- High power density: 90 watts per output from a module taking up 295mm console space
- Higher precision: Exceptional line and load regulation; easy-switch remote sense
- Better metering: High accuracy four digit fixed-resolution meters; low current range; current meter averaging
- True analog controls: Quick and intuitive adjustment of voltage and current
- Digital convenience: Unique S-Lock and V-Span functions
- Setting Check: DC output switch - check your settings before applying them; 'view settings' button - check and adjust limits at any time
- Safe and secure to use: Lockable voltage and current settings (using S-Lock); connect via safety binding-post terminals.
- Independent Mode: The two outputs are completely independent and electrically isolated from each other.
- Isolated Tracking Mode: The two outputs remain electrically isolated, but the voltage control of the Master output sets an identical voltage on the Slave output.
- Isolated Ratio Tracking Mode: As normal tracking, but the Slave voltage can be set to any percentage of the Master voltage and retains that ratio as the Master voltage is varied.
- True Parallel Mode: All of the power is channelled to the Master output which can then supply up to 6 amps.
- Simultaneous Output Control: The Both On/Both Off buttons are in addition to the individual switches for each output, and allow both outputs to be turned on or off synchronously by a single button press. Synchronous switching of the outputs is of increasing importance for circuitry which can be damaged if one voltage rail is present without the other.
- Programmable version 7056P: Includes all of the manual control features of the 7056, but adds comprehensive remote control facilities. RS-232 and USB interfaces.
Output Voltage/Current Ranges Two Identical Outputs: 0V to 30V/1mA to 3A; 0V to 30V/0.1mA to 500mA; (90W max.)
Output Setting & Control
Voltage Setting: By coarse and fine controls.
Current Setting: By single logarithmic control.
Output Mode: Constant voltage or constant current with automatic cross-over. CC indicator in constant current mode.
Output Switch: Electronic, non isolating. Preset voltage and current limit displayed when Output off.
Output rise time no load <15ms.
(Voltage Span Control)
The voltage adjustment range can be controlled by digital setting of the end-stop values of the coarse voltage control to any desired values. The range for Vmax is 0.1V to 30V The range for Vmin is 0 to (Vmax – 0.1V).
S-Lock (Settings Lock) Voltage and current settings can be locked by a single button press. Lock accuracy is equal to the meter accuracy. See Meter Specifications below for details.
Ripple and Noise: Normal mode voltage: <0.4mV rms and 2mV p-p; Normal mode current: <0.2mA rms; (<40μA on 500mA range); Common mode current: <5mA rms
Load Regulation: Voltage - <0.01% + 2mV. Current - typically 0.01% + 500μA.
Voltage specification applies for any load change, measured at the output terminals. When using remote sense add 0.5mV per 0.1V drop in the positive output lead (max. sense lead resistance 0.5 Ohm).
Line Regulation: Voltage <0.01% + 2mV for 10% line change. Current <0.01% + 250μA. for 10% line change.
Transient Response: <50ms to within 50mV of setting for a 90% load change.
Temperature Coefficient: Voltage: typically <(50ppm + 0.5mV)/°C; Current: typically <(100ppm + 1mA)/°C; (100ppm + 0.1mA)/°C on 500mA range.
Output Protection: Output will withstand forward voltages of up to 20V above rated output voltage. Reverse protection by diode clamp for currents up to 3A.
Over-temperature: Output trips off for over-temperature.
Safety Interlocks: Operations that could cause an unpredictable change in voltage or current settings are interlocked with the output switch.
Output Connections Output Terminals: Universal 4mm safety binding posts on 19mm (0.75”) spacing. Terminals can accept fixed shroud 4mm plugs, standard 4mm plugs, fork terminals and bare wires.
Sense Selection: Voltage sensing can be selected as Local or Remote by front panel switch.
Sense Terminals: Sprung loaded screw-less terminals.
Modes of Operation Independent The two outputs are completely independent and electrically isolated from each other. Tracking The two outputs remain electrically isolated, but the voltage control of the Master output sets an identical voltage on the Slave output. Ratio Tracking As Tracking, but the Slave voltage can be set to to any percentage of the Master output and will retain that percentage ratio as the Master voltage is varied. Parallel All of the power (up to 180 watts) is channelled to the Master output which can consequently supply up to 6 amps. The Slave output is turned off and its meters are blanked. Both On/Both Off The Both On and Both Off buttons are in addition to the individual switches for each output, and allow both outputs to be turned on or off synchronously by a single button press. Meter Specifications Display Type Dual 4-digit meters, 10mm (0.39”) LED.
Accuracy: ± (0.1% of reading + 10mV)
Resolution: 1mA (0.1mA on 500mA range).
Accuracy: ± (0.3% + 0.005A) to 3A; ± (0.5% + 0.005A) to 5A; ± (0.3% + 0.5mA) on 500mA range.
Meter Damping: Normally 20ms, switchable to 2 sec for averaging of rapidly varying loads.
7056: Dual Adjustable Power Supply, 2 x 30V DC 3A
7056P: 7056 Programmable version - RS232/USB (see data sheet in download tab for detailed specifications)
Module Width 295mm (Primary console fitting only) PDF Downloads File Name File Size Language
8.4MB (Low resolution)
20MB (Higher resolution)