7005 Process Loop Calibrator
- Loop source/measure - V or I
- Measure 0 - 25V or 0 - 125mA
- Source 0 - 21V or 0 - 50mA
- Accuracy 0.01%
- Resolution 1μA or 1mV
- Programmable ranges
- Manual step, auto-step & ramp
A precision handheld instrument primarily used for the calibration and simulation of voltage and current loops.
The 7005 is a high accuracy loop calibrator incorporating source and measure capabilities. The compact and lightweight design make it easily portable and ideal for plant operations and field use. Combined with user friendly controls and simple operation make this loop calibrator an excellent model for both process engineers and calibration technicians.
The three operating modes provide a fast and easy solution to process applications; Loop current/voltage source for simulating a transmitter and the loop supply, sink of loop current for simulating a transmitter, and measurement of loop current/voltage for simulating a loop indicator.
Manual step of the output is possible at five calibration points; 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of span. Automatic stepping of the output is also available, both up and down with programmable dwell times.
Continuous up/down ramping can also be performed, with user programmable ramp rates and dwell time (top and bottom).
In source mode the range can be user programmed to any value between 0mA and 50mA, or 0V and 21V. For example a low point of 10mA and a high point of 50mA could be set giving a span of 40mA.
Measure mode provides both voltage and current measuring capability with 5 digit resolution. Ranges are 0 to ±5V and ±5 to ±25V, 0 to ±25mA and ±25 to ±125mA. Alternatively the signal can be measured as a % of span for the following ranges; 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA, square root 4 to 20mA, or square root 0 to 20mA. For all measurements a Min/Max recording function is available on demand.
An internal NiMH battery powers the unit for typically 9 hours continuous use and an external mains charger is supplied as standard. An automatic power-down feature is incorporated to conserve battery life, which can easily be disabled if not required. The unit is constructed in an impact resistant ABS case and connections are made via 4 off 4mm binding terminal posts.
Voltage Source Range Resolution Accuracy Output Current Output Resistance 0 to 21V 1mV ±0.01% of setting ±4mV 50mA < 1Ω Voltage Measure (0 to ±25V, Auto-ranging) Range Resolution Accuracy Measure Load 0 to 5V 0.1mV ±0.01% of reading ±0.4mV 10MΩ 5 to 25V 1mV ±0.01% of reading ±2mV 10MΩ Current Source Range Resolution Accuracy Output Voltage Loop Resistance 0 to 50mA 1μA ±0.01% of setting ±2μA 22V max 1100Ω @ 20mA max Current Measure (0 to ±125mA, Auto-ranging) Range Resolution Accuracy Measure Load 0 to 25mA 1μA ±0.01% of reading ±2μA 24.5Ω 25 to 125mA 10μA ±0.01% of reading ±20μA 24.5Ω Current Sink Range Resolution Accuracy Min external drive Max external drive 0 to 50mA 1μA ±0.01% of setting ±2μA 4V 40V
Summary of Functions
• User programmable ranges - any values between 0 and 50mA or 0 and 21V.
• Fixed ranges are available: 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA, sqrt 4 to 20mA, sqrt 0 to 20mA.
• Fine adjustment (inching) is available for precise deviation from the calibration point.
• Manual step output - five calibration points 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%
• Automatic step output (up/down) - five cal points with programmable dwell period.
• Ramp output - programmable ramp rate (0 to 20mA/sec or 0 to 20V/sec) programmable dwell period (0 to 1000 seconds)
• Voltage and current measuring capability with 5 digit resolution.
• Ranges: 0 to ±5V and ±5 to ±25V, 0 to ±25mA and ±25 to ±125mA.
• Signal can also be measured as a % of span on ranges: 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA, square root 4 to 20mA, square root 0 to 20mA.
• For all measurements a Min/Max recording function is available on demand.
H165 x W90 x D45mm
-10 to 50°C
Storage Temperature -30 to 70°C Operating Humidity 0 to 90% non-condensing at 25°C
Internal rechargeable NiMH battery pack. Battery life typically 9 hours. Auto power-down feature can be enabled.
Full recharge from being exhausted will take approximately 16 hours with the unit switched off.
Supplied With Battery charger, carry case, and user manual
Calibration certificates traceable to NPL and UKAS
Country of Origin UK Models
Options C184 Factory Calibration Certificate (NPL traceable) C195 UKAS Calibration Certificate (ISO 17025) PDF Downloads File Name File Size Language
Request for Quotation
7005 Process Loop Calibrator