A precision handheld instrument primarily used for the calibration and simulation of voltage and current loops. The 7005 is a high accuracy loop calibrator incorporating source and measure capabilities. The compact and lightweight design make it easily portable and ideal for plant operations and field use. Combined with user friendly controls and simple operation make this loop calibrator an excellent model for both process engineers and calibration technicians.
The three operating modes provide a fast and easy solution to process applications; Loop current/voltage source for simulating a transmitter and the loop supply, sink of loop current for simulating a transmitter, and measurement of loop current/voltage for simulating a loop indicator.
An internal NiMH battery powers the unit for typically 9 hours continuous use and an external mains charger is supplied as standard. An automatic power-down feature is incorporated to conserve battery life, which can be disabled if not required. The 7005 is constructed in an impact resistant ABS case and connections are made via 4 mm binding terminals on the top of the unit.
Loop source/measure - V or I
Measure 0 to 25 V or 0 to 125 mA
Source 0 to 21 V or 0 to 50 mA
Accuracy 0.01 %
Resolution 1 μA or 1 mV
Manual step, auto-step & ramp
Source and Measure Modes
In source mode the range can be user programmed to any value between 0 mA and 50 mA, or 0 V and 21 V. For example a low point of 10 mA and a high point of 50 mA could be set giving a span of 40 mA.
Measure mode provides both voltage and current measuring capability with 5 digit resolution. Ranges are 0 to ± 5 V and ± 5 to ± 25 V, 0 to ± 25 mA and ± 25 to ± 125 mA. Alternatively the signal can be measured as a % of span for the following ranges; 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 20 mA, square root 4 to 20 mA, or square root 0 to 20 mA. For all measurements a Min/Max recording function is available on demand.
Stepping and Ramping
Manual step of the output is possible at five calibration points; 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of span. Automatic stepping of the output is also available, both up and down with programmable dwell times.
Continuous up/down ramping can also be performed, with user programmable ramp rates and dwell time (top and bottom).
0 to 21 V
±0.01 % of setting ±4 mV
< 1 Ω
Voltage Measure (0 to ±25V, Auto-ranging)
0 to 5 V
±0.01 % of reading ±0.4 mV
5 to 25 V
±0.01 % of reading ±2 mV
0 to 50 mA
±0.01 % of setting ±2 μA
22 V max
1100 Ω @ 20 mA max
Current Measure (0 to ±125mA, Auto-ranging)
0 to 25 mA
±0.01 % of reading ±2 μA
25 to 125 mA
±0.01 % of reading ±20 μA
Min external drive
Max external drive
0 to 50 mA
±0.01 % of setting ±2 μA
Summary of functions
• User programmable ranges - any values between 0 and 50 mA or 0 and 21 V
• Fixed ranges are available: 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 20 mA, sqrt 4 to 20 mA, sqrt 0 to 20 mA
• Fine adjustment (inching) is available for precise deviation from the calibration point
• Manual step output - five calibration points 0 %, 25 %, 50 %, 75 %, and 100 %
• Automatic step output (up/down) - five cal points with programmable dwell period
• Ramp output - programmable ramp rate (0 to 20 mA/sec or 0 to 20 V/sec) programmable dwell period (0 to 1000 seconds)
• Voltage and current measuring capability with 5 digit resolution
• Ranges: 0 to ±5 V and ±5 to ±25 V, 0 to ±25 mA and ±25 to ±125 mA
• Signal can also be measured as a % of span on ranges: 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 20 mA, square root 4 to 20 mA, square root 0 to 20 mA.
• For all measurements a Min/Max recording function is available on demand.
H 165 x W 90 x D 45 mm
-10 to 50 °C
-30 to 70 °C
0 to 90 % non-condensing at 25 °C
Internal rechargeable NiMH battery pack. Battery life typically 9 hours. Auto power-down feature can be enabled.
Full recharge from being exhausted will take approximately 16 hours with the unit switched off.
Mains battery charger, and user manual
Calibration certificates: Traceable (factory) and accredited (ISO 17025)
Country of Origin
Packed Dimensions: L 31 x W 24 x H 25 cm / Packed Weight: 2 kg